View Single Post
      03-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #104
bmnut
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M440i xDrive

To everyone out there who's looking at getting this done then from my own personal experience it has definitely cured the problem. My car had a good 100 miles or so thrash around the Scottish Borders last week and I never heard the noise at all throughout the whole day.
Tomorrow it will be heading up to the Isle of Skye for three days which will be a round trip of 800 or so miles for me; I'll put a post on with the result of that when I get back home next week.
To anyone thinking of having this done then my advice would be to go ahead and if you get any grief from the dealership I suggest you keep on pestering them to do it.
My dealer here in the North East of England were brilliant about it, they looked at the research I provided to them courtesy of this excellent thread together with copies of the photos of the completed installation, they ordered the parts from Germany and three days later did the fix all this bearing in mind this is a BMW North America SIB and there is STILL NO SIB regarding this issue in the UK or even throughout Europe to my knowledge.
If BMW have modified the low pressure AC hose from November 2013 engine production onwards then only a limited few UK spec 435is will be affected as UK production of the 435i did not start at Munich much before October for customer ordered cars, I know because mine was built on the 21st October and was one of the first batch of UK spec cars completed! You guys in the US had 435is long before us as BMW built for the North American market before the UK....you are a much bigger market!
Appreciate 0