View Single Post
      02-17-2017, 03:32 PM   #5
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nth_79 View Post
What's the best service manual for the 2014 3 series GT? (in particular the 335 GT?) Can we buy the BMW factory service manual?

I have squeaky brakes when I backup, and want to see if adding brake quiet will help. I've done the rear brakes, which helped, but I think the front brakes are still squeaking and the dissassembly looks much more complicated and a service manual would help me figure out if this is something that I can do myself.

Also, it'd be helpful to have a clear guide on how to get to the battery in the back right of the trunk in case there are hidden catches. It's getting close to that time that the batteries may start dying in our model year 2014 versions.

Thanks!
The Bentley Manuals are a popular resource or even YouTube. Battery replacements can be tricky but it seems like it's easier on the f30 than the e90. There's only one hold down and the power distributor doesn't bolt directly on top of the battery but is off to the side with a positive battery cable that connects to the battery, like a conventional setup. You still have to code the battery, however. DIY can save you a couple hundred bucks.
Appreciate 0