10-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #20
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
Sound is better via snap-in adapter. Thanks for posting FAQ.
If you use a Y-cable, that may be true (although I think those cars use analog audio through the snap-in too, but I'm not sure). But if your car can pull audio using just the normal white USB cable, then sound quality should be identical since it'd be digital audio in either case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomb617 View Post
Anyone experience both phone call and audio at the SAME time when I pair my iPhone via bluetooth instead of using the apple cable? I mean I was listening to audio via bluetooth and when I receive phone call...I will hear both sources at the SAME time in the car...caller seems to get my voice only from the other end...anyone?
Nope, music always stops when a call comes through. How odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_bmw View Post
Unfortunately the procedure for showing text messages doesnt work for a iPhone 3GS with iOS 6 in a F30 equipped with 6NL and 609.
The phone does not show the option " Show notifications" under the paired device". It does show "Synchronize contacts" and that works fine.
Anybody with different results?

(Car bt software updated using upd1005.bin)
I have Show Notifications, but displaying texts and emails is still finicky. Maybe try deleting and re-pairing your phone since you installed that BT update? It may still not work (expectation is that it's an iOS bug since it worked on early iOS 6 betas), but that should at least get you the Show Notifications option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
Can't shuffle via the USB cable, which sucks.
Bluetooth is flaky too. I have had to forget my BMW Bluetooth and repair to get Bluetooth audio more times than I can count (this is most likely an iOS 6 issue) and occasionally the audio crackles too via Bluetooth.
Ah the price we pay for new tech...
Shuffle absolutely works when connected to USB. Go to External Devices, press the Option button, and choose Random. The issue is that that setting isn't maintained after you turn the car off or disconnect the device (can't remember which), so you have to keep enabling it. As for BT audio, the only issues I've seen are occasionally losing the ability to jump between tracks (though audio continues working) and yes occasional crackling, but those are rare and actually they haven't happened at all since installing iOS 6 on my phone and the latest BT software for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrringodi View Post
Will the iPhone 5 work with an 08 m3?
Can't imagine why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kleen View Post
Any way to have txt messages display without navigating the iDrive to the office menu, then the phone menu, then the message menu? I would like the message to display over what ever iDrive screen I happen to be on at the time. Navigating all those menus to get the txt message sort of defeats the purpose.

I have a 2012 135i with iDrive and NAV, and an iPhone 4 with iOS 6 installed.
Nope, that's a limitation of iDrive's interface. Easiest workaround is to assign one of your shortcut keys to the Messages area. However, you DO get an envelope icon when you have a message waiting, which appears either along the top edge of the interface (for most iDrive pages) or in the gray box in the upper-right corner of the map area when you're in Nav view, so at least you don't have to check the Messages area proactively.

Last edited by jphughan; 10-16-2012 at 10:29 AM..
Appreciate 1