12-13-2012, 02:58 AM   #8
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
I bought a 318d, and really love the car, but I keep thinking if only I've spent a few grand more and go the 320d or even a slightly used 328i.. I'm really not a fast driver or a traffic light racer, but 318 is just slightly too slow..

I plan(ed) on driving the car for at least 4/5 years (car paid in full).. Is there anything I can do? I ask because I'm just starting to mod my car, and just realised how much it costs to retrofit parts that I couldn't have just 'ticked' for a quarter of the price. Keep in mind that this is my first new car, let alone bmw, so I really had no idea..
I think it's all too easy to fall into the wishing for the next engine up and even if you did have the most powerful engine you'd probably still end up wishing there was an even more powerful engine coming out soon I think we all go through it, that post delivery time when you go through what you should have added.

Love the car you have, it's a beautiful car and even if it isn't exactly quite what you wanted, it's still a good deal more than other cars. Is there an engine remapping available for that extra bit of power you want?