View Single Post
      10-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #211
dekadent
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i manual

Red face

sorry, can't share the excitement with all of you.. F30 is a good looking car, but imho E90 with right wheels looks more agrressive than F30 any time of day..

i am not the "new BMW" guy, i am the "off-the-lease BMW" guy.. lately i felt "threatened" by upcoming F30, but after reading this post my anxiety is gone ))

the overall shape of F30 is not much different from E90, F30 body lost aggrresiveness with car "nose" being that much further out from front wheels.. central console, i'm sorry, is not going all the way down and looks so juvenile and non-BMW-ish.. particularly on cars with non-black interior.. don't know what they were thinking.. iDrive window again looks feeble and not as cool as E90's..

in a way this is BMW's iPhone 4S, engineering is better, but exterior is the same (actually worse in case of BMW)..

and excuse me, what's up with 306HP on F30 335 ?

my E90 335 has 300HP, is +6HP supposed to make me excited or something ?

and again, as it was said many times before: 7, 5 and 3 series now look the same.. nicely loaded E60 still turns my head.. F10 - not at all... aggressiveness lost..

to conclude, F30 is a nice car, and three years down the road i might find myself driving one... but until then i will be feeling kind of superior in my E90 in presence of F30s..
Appreciate 0