04-28-2014, 11:41 AM   #27
hsk1610
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSnic View Post
An Update.

Well, even after the different lower intake grills (please see above), I discovered that the base 328i (what I have) is slightly different from the lines (Luxury or Sport) -- not just in the pre-made holes for the chrome items to snap into, but in the "slope" of the bottom of the kidney grille bulge. The Lines model slopes out a little more gently than the basic lines. Additionally, I could not figure out how to attach the Luxury "whiskers" to the lower intake grills.

Having said that, however, I did add the center chrome strip (part number 51117279700) quite easily. All I did was snap off the plastic ears and use some Dupont heavy duty 2-sided tape that I cut to fit on the back of the piece. Have washed the car, got caught in a heavy rain and have driven several hundred miles and it holding on quite well. Did the same on the rear bumper.

Maybe it was me, or maybe had to use the Modern line "whiskers"??
I ordered the fog light grills and the modern line whiskers from ECS Tuning so will see how that goes. I am contemplating ordering the modern line front and rear bumper trims. ECS sales did say both come with tabs to attach to the bumper, which scared me away from ordering. Bought chrome trim for the front and rear off of Ebay but those did not attach very well with the double sided tapes so thought about ordering the OEM BMW trims.
Appreciate 0