07-09-2012, 01:45 AM   #10
evans4you
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Congratulations!!

Can you please take a pictures of your two cars together !?
I want to see the Alero together with the 328i!

And also, could you please do a review between the two 4 cylinder engine...
what are the differences?
what are the pros and cons of each with respect to the other...

Thanks in advance Evans, and welcome among us!

Taking pictures of both cars together is a great idea, I could do it next weekend when my Alero is running again, I hit a curb really hard and bent the left side inner tie rod that will get replaced this week and the alignment done. The Alero Ecotec engine in my opinion is superior to the bimmer's 4 cylinder in terms of refinement, smoothness, and just the noise it makes while mated to a manual gear box, the bimmer's engine advantages to the ecotec are: It's turbocharged so it's makes 100 more horse power and 100 more ft/lb of torque way lower in the rev range like at 1500 or so while the ecotec has to be revved to atleast 3000 rpm to make good power. The bimmer has direct injection and the nicest auto gear box I have ever experienced the 8 speed, as result it beats the Alero in fuel efficiency but then again the Alero is from 2003. My biggest criticism of the 328i really is just the engine noise when revved hard especially before the engine warms up fully, it's harsh, grindy, noisy and unrefined. The ultimate comparison of the two engines will be when the cadillac ATS hits the market, the ATS will have an engine similar to my Alero's the ECOTEC but also turbo charged and will make 30 more horse power than the bimmer, it's 6-speed auto gear box might hurt it but with a manual transmission it should beat the bimmer convincingly engine performancewise.
Appreciate 0