Heiznberg
///
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Totaled 335i M Sport in head-on collision. Testament to BMW safety

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
This is the result of being in a head-on collision with an SUV, and a testament to BMW Safety.

Name:  f30crash1.jpg
Views: 45189
Size:  121.4 KB

Last December, I was leaving a friend’s house just after midnight and crossing an intersection with a solid green light. Heading in the opposite direction, a driver under the influence ran the left turn light and hit me head-on. The impact was so jolting that my car made a 180 degree spin. Before even realizing that I was still in one piece, the SOS operator gets on the speakers and asks if I’m okay. I tell her “I think so” and she says she’s sending emergency services. In the meantime, I get out of my car without a scratch (!) and I walk over to check on the other driver and passenger. Their SUV was mangled and they weren’t responsive; I thought they were dead. It turned out they were unconscious and, thankfully, survived. Police, fire and ambulance arrive in minutes, check me out and ask me a ton of questions before letting me go. I was lucky to walk away from the accident, while the other driver and passenger were airlifted to the ER.

Again, I can’t stress enough how thankful I am for the designers and engineers who made this car with our safety in mind. It was my first BMW and certainly not my last.

Name:  f30crash2.jpg
Views: 30612
Size:  123.4 KB

Name:  f30crash3.jpg
Views: 29524
Size:  76.7 KB

Name:  f30crash4.jpg
Views: 28164
Size:  103.1 KB

Three months later and here’s her replacement

Last edited by Heiznberg; 08-09-2013 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0