View Single Post
      08-29-2013, 01:05 AM   #3
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

WOW. great info thanks.

Your earlier post suggested the need to do a sports car "right" and it is now followed up with a post about "highly focused" fixed roof coupe with CFRP, BMW styling and engines. This is really exciting!

If I may suggest, please have the option for a non adaptive "Track focused" suspension option. I personally find that the adaptive dampers on my Z4 do not have enough compliance so I can not use curbing on corner exit and if it is a bumpy corner exit I can not get the power down quickly. Also, in transitions in rapid succession, such as a slalom exercise, it seems like the suspension starts to compress differently at the end. Perhaps all the weight moving around quickly plus the driver scrambling to recover is a hard math problem for the computers? I think a traditional "track focused" suspension would be more predictable.

Lastly, it would be great to have extra cooling for the car (even if it is extra cost package, like M Sport brakes, that is fine) because the Z435 right now can not withstand a standard 25 minutes performance driving school session. It will get into power reduction mode and then limp mode easily.

Jamesons Viggen if Z4M were an $80k car that delivers performance that is on par with other similarly priced cars like Z06 and GTR I don't see any reason why people wouldn't pay for Z4M. The problem comes when you have a $75k 35is that can not complete with $45k C6 Z51 or even $50k 1M.
Appreciate 0