05-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #9
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I'll need to see the saddle brown in reality, as it is not something I'd even list, unless I'm really impressed with it. Not into all black, so very limited in the F30/1 models.

328i is first choice, but definitely as a compromise. I'm heading into full retirement with this car. Mileage is now low in the BMW, (less than 8k per year), and typical and regular trips are about 12 miles each way, no good for a big diesel, particularly in winter time.

I've thought of the 320d as a compromise, but if into 4-pot engines the 328i petrol definitely makes much more sense for the use. And that bit of extra urge when needed.

If the 2.0 petrol was not turbo charged, I'd not be looking at it. It is the fact the engine has a good mid range, where I use an engine most, that it is top of the 'practical' list.

HighlandPete
Ahh I see! Makes sense then! A 330d would make more sense for me being high mileage but yeah - can see why you would prefer to go with the 328i! It'll be a great engine and I'm really looking forward to it. I've just gotten so attached to my 330d, which is going tomorrow morning!!
Don't we have great cars What a lovely position to be in. A sad day, but I'd rather have it than not at all.

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0