View Single Post
      11-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #660
Barren23
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d Wagon

Picked up our 2014 328d yesterday in Iowa... got as far as Madison, WI, before the check engine light came on... ugh. Pulling codes tomorrow.

That said, I ordered a Yakima FrontLoader bike holder for the roof, I think I'll buy the BMW branded rack as it looks really clean with no overhang on the bars and pricing-wise, it seems a little cheaper than Thule or Yakima. I'll probably end up buying another front loader along with locks and all that jazz, but I have all winter to amass all the gear.

First impressions are that this car is pretty cool. Sad about the no Xenons, and the check engine light, but I have a warranty to get the engine figured out. The HUD is really slick, I wasn't wowed by it during the test drive, but the minute to add navigation or media to the mix and that HUD shows it's value! Also, it's loaded with the birdseye backup camera setup, which is pretty slick as well. Hoping it has the BMW Connected options too, but I didn't have USB cable with me to test that connectivity out. The bluetooth works great, voice commands for phone or canceling nav worked well.

Figuring out iDrive is interesting. As you learn more features, it's pretty slick. Confusing at first, I had dual maps up there at one point...lol

The high beams are great even in Halogen... low beams seem a bit too low for me, can you manually adjust those at all?
Appreciate 1
MSCD3184.50