10-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #330
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Munich builds are tougher to find. In checking around it sure seems BMW is trying to move US 335i production to Rosslyn. I have no problem with Rosslyn production, however transit time is the killer. It can take 35-50 days. Often the cars go from SA to Germany, then get offloaded and reloaded. Lots of time sitting at the SA and German ports.

Keep this in mind if your plan is to take advantage of whatever holiday deals NA is likely to throw out there. They usually expire just after New Years. Some years they have accepted late offers on in transit cars, but I've been told there have been other promotions where they don't.
I'm going to take advantage of the $1500 USAA discount, which is good through the end of the year. My CA assures me that as long as you "pay for the car" before EOY, the incentive is still valid, regardless of actual delivery date. Maybe we'll see more incentives, directly from BMW, beginning in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkier View Post
Will BMW authorize local dealers and maintenance providers to plug this unit in after market? I have a july 2012 produced f30 without nav and desperately want an original equipment for nav instead of after market installs which make the warranty void.
Zero chance any authorized local BMW dealer will retrofit the new Nav.
Appreciate 0