11-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #19
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1n View Post
maybe i'm thinking i haven't been driving enough in the Sports mode yet. (Still waiting to finish the run in period) then perhaps my opinion will change.
Ok, I understand. Yes, I too am well short of the 2k run in distance, but we will get there soon. Oddly enough, I am happy to potter in EP mode as the damn traffic is so heavy when I'm out & about anyway.

I did try out a few 4k starts from the lights in plain Comfort along Nepean Hwy Brighton yesterday after work. The 4 cylinder is rather quick to reach 80km/h, without terribly much pedal effort but it just doesn't have that instant jerk/jolt of the E90's 325 engine.

Still very hard for me to get a decent run anywhere except for some country roads, which has to wait a while as I have lots of work to do (to pay for the car and lifestyle) so yes, we will wait until the run in has completed before seeing what the 328i is truly capable of achieving. We should be just fine. Cheers.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0