View Single Post
      10-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #24
NateDog07V
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15' M235i BSM Auto

OK, just to follow up, the wires i suggested earlier DO WORK !! First time i gave it a shot i got no juice, but i re-tapped the tiny black wire going to the stock amp (its really skinny so the in line splices gotta get a bit lucky to get to the actual wire) and it finally got a connection for the remote turn on... works like a champ and amp turns off when other components do (roughly 90 seconds after you exit the car and lock it). I snapped a photo or two along the way, but anyone who has done an amp install before should be able to handle this pretty easily, especially since everything you need is in the trunk. I grounded to the ground location on the drivers side behind the carpet
Only issue is after turning on, i'm getting some sort of 'service stability' message on iDrive and yellow warning symbol on dash... drove around for 5 min and car felt fine so hoping it goes away in the morning when i fire it back up.. guessing it popped up since i had the negative terminal off for a few hours
Appreciate 0