Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4z View Post
Are you guys using the AW as a smart watch or a fitness watch primarily?

I have a Garmin at the moment which is a fitness watch with some smart features. Most reviews are saying the AW3 is a smart watch with some fitness features.

I am interested in the 3rd party running stuff like Runmeter or Mapmyrun as the Apple app seems quite restrictive and then some of the golf apps. Anyone used them?

Last time I tried an AW it was the series 1 and it was shite!
For me it?s 50/50 really. I was considering a Garmin Forerunner but as far as I can see the AW does everything the garmin does and more (except the option of a chest heart monitor).

And with this cellular version being able to leave my phone at home when I run and still be able to make/take a phone call in an emergency or stream music (when it becomes available) or internet radio is a real added bonus.
Ok ta. It?s a difficult decision for something we don?t ?really? need

Still trying to decide if I get one does it mean to get the most out of it you need to wear it all day every day? My Omega would sit on the bed side table too much. I like the AW features but don?t like the inability to share with Strava for example.