View Single Post
      11-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #21
mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

Different situation with an E82, but I got my '13 135is for just under 2 grand under invoice. Used USAA car buying + negotiating + using several dealerships' quotes to get to what I thought was a great price. I have no worries that the dealership isn't making money, and I think they know they've earned me as a customer for a long time.

My former dealership let me and my business walk out the door as I sat there in person ready to buy. I was shocked that they'd be so short sighted - we were a couple grand apart - and they gave up and said they couldn't help me. Wonder of wonders, they call back two weeks later after watching the allocation orders of 135is' in the Northeast to say they're ready to match my price. No thanks!

My price goal for negotiating for my "is" was regular 135i M-Sport @ invoice specced the way I like it. Honestly, I didn't think anyone would offer the "is" @ that price. Makes me think there's a lot of fluff in that premium they're charging for what is essentially an option package with some badges. It worked out, so I pulled the trigger and will continue to do so with this dealership.

And as many have already said, invoice is not "cost" - money is still made on the deal.

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0