View Single Post
      06-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I guess the article I read few weeks ago about new car market was dead ON right. Todays car buyers are more concerned with how their gadgets integrate with car and how they could access the internet while on go and text message etc.

All the while least concerned about the fundamental driving dynamics that make driving truly fun. In other words they are more in love with their i-phones and i-pads and 3G internet connections/texts. A ride as soft as melted butter so they feel like they are still siting on their bed at home. The steering wheel as numb and wooden as possible.......in fact better yet if the car could just drive itself so they can "like" 60 things on facebook and send 50 instagrams and take 10 pictures of themselves and add it to their facebook wall. The more anemic the engine the better as long as it saves gas all is forgiven. Who has time to hear a fantastic engine note over all the music files they have downloaded.

In other word the new generation drivers are least interested in what made cars special...........the driving feel and driving dynamics. The whole driving concept bores them. The car makers are rushing to full fill their needs with self parking, driving, sterile, boring, full of gadget cars with great gas mileage.

The future does look bleak when instead of improvements in steering feel and driving dynamics..........a BMW performance oriented car maker boosts more about i-drive connectivity. I am not against gadgets but not at the expense of horrible driving dynamics. Please, fix the garbage and artificial steering feel of new BMW's and concentrate on driving dynamics and overall fun factor not just gadgets. Also, while at it fix the start and stop stuttering mess and the sound of 28i 4 cylinder engines. Also, put all M cars on diet including the M6 and M5.

Alas..........otherwise BMW in pursuit of greater sales to non enthusiasts just give us an i-phone with wheels.......so for once and for all the mission is accomplished....... and we stop hoping for great driving cars
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 06-06-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 0