11-30-2012, 09:30 PM   #69
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post

One odd thing, both the 6.5" and 8.8" Central Information Displays (aka Nav screens) change 12/2012. Weird time for part change....

This could very well just be changing LCD suppliers. They could be going to one of A123's friends in China. If they went to a high density pixel LCD (aka Retina) that would be cool, but I'm betting not. More info on a small infotainment screen would lead to more driver distraction and we know the current CIC doesn't support HD panels.

Quote:
Aw, come on you know you want something new. Besides the E9x feels positively ancient when you drive around in a loaded F30 for a while
Well, my E90 was in for a service visit and the F30 328i loaner was good, but felt kinda low end. Not sure how to describe it. Yes, it was a base car, but it just felt OK, not great. I recall when I had my E46 330i and I got an E90 328i loaner I was excited for an E90. Just seems weird this time.

Maybe it was the beige Leatherette interior? Not sure.

Steering for sure was a letdown. Then again it was not a Sport with DHP.....Just dunno until the car arrives and I test drive it.

On a positive note, I got 28MPG over the 3 days.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming....
Appreciate 0