07-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #16
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX78703 View Post
+1

also, just priced a premium trim 2.0T and it came out to $46.8K!! that's expensive, right on par with a well equipped 328i. but it comes with a mechanical LSD, which is cool.

Of course, I just priced a 328i msport with similar options - tech, premium, camera, sport auto, dynamic handling and it came out to 51K. crazy.
I looked it up on Caddy's website, they have more detailed info on what you get.
For $47K is has the magnetic ride suspension, LSD, HUD, NAV/CUE, BT/USB/iPod, etc...
Loaded.
As you said, it actually costs less than an equally optioned 328i once you load up the 328i.

But, Cadillac's ordering line up looks more convoluted and less customizable than BMW's.
I wonder how well Cadillac will do with customer ordering?
That's the one thing that I love about BMW.
BMW doesn't mind custom orders and still gives us an opportunity to get what we want as long as we are willing to wait a couple of months.
I once asked a Caddy dealer about custom ordering a CTS and iirc, the answer was something like forget it or it would take months.

If a manufacturer is going to offer options and packages, then they better have a way for a customer to order what they want and get their car in a reasonable time frame, especially in the "premium" car category.

Ford is one of the WORST with this. I remember a few years back when I was test driving the Mustang GT. There are a number of options that Ford offers, a lot in fact. BUT, there really is now way to get what you want as the dealers steer you away and tell you that it will take much too long.
Either it really does suck to custom order, or they just want to sell what's on the lot. However, the dealership I was at only had like 2 Mustangs on the lot and neither were GT's, so he wasn't trying to sell me.
Appreciate 0