View Single Post
      11-02-2012, 07:12 AM   #6
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
As I've said elsewhere, the 330d has to be one of the finest engines in the world right now for the balance between performance/economy/emissions. So I'd expect some positive reviews at some point.
Have ANY of the reviews actually said the 330d hasn't got a brilliant engine? We know AutoCar made a negative about the example they were driving, but that doesn't mean it wasn't true and that other engines are better/different.

Lets not forget 330d engines have been around for years and even the current version is not a 'new' engine to the testers, so why do we think it needs to be proven to be 'brilliant' in the 3-series, almost goes as read, doesn't it? The 328i got a bit more attention, as that was a new departure for BMW, and everyone was wanting to see how it performed.

The best tests, IMO, will be when we see some serious group tests with its peers. Then we can see how the motoring journos really feel about the 330d.

BTW, DieselCar have tested the 330d touring and of course they are very positive. The comment that caught my eye;

Quote:
Back road pace can be summmed up in on word, cliched or not: devastating. Like the best of cars, the Touring shrinks around you and you soon forget you are pedalling a practical wagon. Be in no doubt, the 330d really is that good.
HighlandPete
Appreciate 0