Sladester100
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d & G29 M40i First Edtn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlv View Post
I downloaded it via the provided link by member Frogman. I then placed the file (.bin file) on a FAT 32 formatted USB drive in the center console. Once there, you will see a new prompt onscreen. At that point, follow the prompts as shown in my posted images.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Downloaded onto a USB drive last night, updated car this morning, took less than 90 seconds...

Since however my album art now doesn't display. And no change in office. Still only get text messages if received after connected and for some reason I don't get an alert sound...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
In my car, this wasn't fixed (nor would it be fixable) by this update. This is, after all, probably just profile updates for phones.

However, I do believe this was fixed in my car by a complete reprogramming of the car my dealer did last week as part of a SIB "recall."

I can't be sure, but I believe this updated the car to ISTA/P level 48.1 or 48.2 (it's nearly impossible to figure out what level your car has).

Whatever the level, the only way this annoying problem will get fixed is if you can convince the dealer to reprogram the car. That's usually best done for some other problem or mandatory update BMW requires.
How can we go about requesting the dealership update...? Can we simply ask them...