View Single Post
      12-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
txconsultant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport Sedan

Connection Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
Does it happen at the same place every time? Does it happen Every time?

Driving anywhere near an airport or military installation, or maybe a big radar or tv/radio tower(s)?

The electronics in today's car are pretty well protected from the more common RF sources, but it still could. The only issue I've had with mine was that I couldn't get the remote to work (comfort access) parked near a TV transmission tower in Needham, MA. Had to actually use the key to get in, but it started and ran fine...remote works normally, and has for months afterwards, so it wasn't a weak battery.
I drive about 2 miles away from the airport on my way to work, but it is not consistent on location of where it is happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Sounds like a connection issue. Maybe a pinched wire.

7/2013 build would be a 2014 car. Check again.
I agree that it has to be a wiring issue, but I'm worried about bringing it into the dealership only to have them say we can't recreate the issue. I may have to break down and just let them take a shot at resolving the issue.

I could have sworn it was a July build, but now that you mention it I'll have to check again. That is probably way too close to when I took receipt of the car to be the actual build date.

Thanks for your input