01-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #4
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBob View Post
Today our 1 month old 2013 F30 335i M-Sport Sedan with almost 1000 miles on it suddenly started making a rather loud engine noise "roar" when idling at stoplights during a short trip. According to the tach it was idling at normal RPM. Since the trip was short the engine hardly got a chance to warm up and the outside temp was about 45 F.

When I got the car home I popped open the hood to take a listen. It was a roaring sound somewhat reminiscent of the sound that a diesel truck makes when idling. I shut the engine off and then turned it back on. The roar was gone and our F30 sounded normal again.

Has anyone else experienced this with the F30 335i? Could the cause be something that triggered the engine cooling fan to run faster?

Thanks.

Bob
your thermostat is going to trip up your fan, and eventually the fan will die...take it to the dealer sooner rather than later, there are a number of people on here that are going through that.

M Performance Exhaust/Brakes/Suspension/LSD|Bav Stage 1/AMP||ER CP/IC/DP/OC | Dinan CAI/N55 PWG BIG TURBO|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0