WeekendDriver
Private
Rep
Drives: M135i Cayman gts

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali@BMWMt.laurel View Post
BMW has been increasing month after month this year. Haven't seen any negative news lately.
Of course it has been increasing month after month this year, but my point was, over the course of past "several" years, there were months they did terrible, now those months never saw a single announcement like this one. When you turn on the financial news channels like bloomberg, do you see them skip certain announcements for certain companies when the sales are down? No.

There is being a BMW fan site and coming up with BMW related news articles such as this which calls for open/equal press in which case you really need to be transparent and act like a messenger between the community and the company which will mean releasing news/posts that will anger the company as much as the ones that pleases them, THEN there is the other way which is basically acting as BMW's press department paid and controlled by BMW headquarters where you "pick and choose" what you release to public.

They can be EITHER, no problems, as long as they come out openly and admit to it. This whole "we are bmw fan site" from the face of things but "we'll never publish anything bad about BMW" is not really a nice way of doing things.

Look at sites such as macrumors or Canon POTN forums. They are all fan sites, but when the time comes, they are not scared of bashing the company they support at the same time or releasing negative news. For instance, canon rumors.com is also a site that works similar to this one, but yet you will always see news articles about Canon's numbers going down or cutting down of future sale forecasts. Here it seems like they don't want to release such news because they are afraid of losing their exclusivity with BMW. Well if BMW works that way, then tough luck.
+4.2% could be good news or bad depends on how you compare it. Like it was mentioned above, the broader market was up some 16%, I was thinking how come BMW was having a bad month in the US.
Appreciate 0