04-14-2012, 04:01 AM   #105
PrinceBarin
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
So many complaints about ASS and I really don't see why.

I was driving in town the last few days and the wait time in front of a red light here in Honolulu is easily 2-3 minutes if not longer. I didn't feel it as a bother or anything that my car shuts down for a short period, only starting when I'm going to drive again or when the interior was getting warmer and the A/C needed some power. Not once did the engine stall, the shaking is also much less than I expected it to be... to be honest, if it stays like this and doesn't give me any problems in the future, then I can honestly say I kinda love this feature.

And sure, you can debate how much fuel you're saving, or how much less pollution there is thanks to ASS, but imagine, if every single car had this function, and hundreds, if not thousands, of cars shut down while they're waiting in front of a light for several minutes, then this does give some savings. Even a child could figure that one out, it's not really about a single person with savings when every car has this, it's about a planet having savings. Think about this: you could throw away a penny, and sure it's only a penny, but if every person with a car threw away a penny, how much money is thrown away then?
+1.
Appreciate 0