11-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #146
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reznick View Post
Yeah I guess we DO have some stuff in common,,I just got through watching the F1 race. I've been a Button fan since his Karting days and still wonder what his career would have been ( not that it went, or is going, bad) if he went directly to a BMW seat as he was promised. Oh well. Good to see Kimi win if nothing more then to prove people wrong. I love to see the Lotus name on an F1 car again. Was planning on trying to get to Texas for the first F1 race there,, but I'm not sure . This last week (physically) has been rough.
I did the same to my left shoulder a few years before I broke my neck. While on vacation I was surfing and got spiked HARD into the sea floor.I had to come home to see an orthopedist .Luckily my surgeon is the surgeon for Syracuse University so he understood that I needed to actually have functionality with my arm, not just have it patched up.when I woke up after surgery , my doctor told me he couldn't believe badly I had destroyed everything. He said I basically had 2 tendons and skin holding my arm together.lol. I had waited a year after the accident to have surgery. I tried to keep working but it was to the point it would just pop in and out and wouldn't even hurt anymore.I will say one this for anyone who's never had a shoulder injury, you can't believe how long it takes to get it back to good working order. I know it sounds stupid but sleeping is the WORST.
I have yet to get to the UK , although I've been to Germany and the surrounding countries. It's on my list though. Not to beat a dead horse but still being in this much pain makes everything difficult, even traveling. So I'm trying to hold off until I really feel well. If that ever actually happens again.
Enjoy your Bimmer. If there's one thing I love, its a new car. So when the 4 series coupe is finally out , I'm sure you'll see me posting some pics of mine,,,,,if I haven't been kicked off the site for talking about cars made in the US
Sorry for getting

Hey I just thought of something .If you do get to the States I'll make sure to have a 3.6 ATS ready to go. We could travel across the country and take in the sites,,,, in one of Americas finest.. Sorry ,,I couldn't resist.Cheers
Another post! Well, why not.

I'll certainly look you up when I paddle across the pond. I think I'll come by boat instead. If only they had hot air baloons. Ah, the days of the Zepplin; though its blow-up was not too cool. I'll never name my car Hindenberg. I've named him Reinhardt.

One of the F30s is built. The other one in 3 weeks time. But we don't want them until December. I have to sell my Mk6 Golf GTI, and my ex her Mercedes 350 CDI AMG Saloon. But we might be both mad enough to hang on to these for a couple of months. 'BMWs, Mercedes or GTI darling? Hmmm, we'll take the BMWs tonight. We'll use the older ones for commuting'.

Yes, it was hell to sleep for 2 years with the shoulder problem. Had to revert to sleeping pills. Otherwise, I'd have become a Zombie.

I hope you recover fully. It takes time (its the greatest healer) and hopefully all the pain will subside and be a distant memory.

I'm still enjoying my Mk6 Golf GTI. Sadly, it's days are numbered as I have decided to graduate to a grown-up sedan. Which means I've grown up at long last. Strange feeling!

Just realised: ATS owners seem to be very friendly and interesting. A gentler, nicer human.