View Single Post
      11-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #112
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson743 View Post
You don't know any because wealthy people who own 3 Series BMW's because . . . they don't buy them. It's just that simple. Generally, people buy what they can afford.

If a wealthy person is going to make a statement and purposely avoid an expensive car for whatever reason, the last car they'd buy would be a BMW 3 Series. Whether they buy down market for utilitarian, social or political reasons, they are not going a car that is either known to be en emulator or enthusiast car.

It's common sense.

And, 4 Rolexes and a 3 Series don't reconcile. Anyone who truly can afford 4 watches totally well into the 5 figures is a status whore. That guy would never buy a 328i. It's sort of embarrassing. We know the 328 is real. Do the simple algebra.
my parents are probably considered wealthy these days. i think boltjames would say they were wealthy at least net worth wise

they don't want anything bigger than a 5 at most... so they have a current gen X5 (and they even think its a bit too big) and just ordered a new X3. the X3 they ordered has 0 options (other than blue paint). some wealthy people just buy what they think they want... some people go up to exactly what they can afford i guess.

my mom drove an 07 e90 for 3 years and traded it for a 2010 x5... dad has a 2004 x3 which will be a 2013 x3 soon. they aren't econoboxes, but they aren't S classes or maserati's either (my dads business partner has a range rover, and a quattroporte, but my dad just says he doesnt want to stand out too much). a 3 series is a pretty nice car, its not a 7 , but its also not as hard to park as a 7
Appreciate 0