View Single Post
      10-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #4869
edgerider
Rep
Drives: f10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
1) E-Sys used by BMW at factory also requires an .EST Token, and BMW issues their own .EST Tokens out. This is no different, except non-OEM tokens also require E-Sys be patched to accept the .EST Token since it lacks the required encryption signature.

2) If you have 3.23.4 and 50.4, then you have all you need.

3) A just programmed 2010 F10 may have newer software on the car than a 2013 F10, so the build date is completely irrelevant. All that matters is that the PSdZData used to code the car is >= the last version of ISTA/P used to program the car. Without reading a car, it is impossible to know what that is, but if you are using the latest PSdZData, then you do not need to worry about it.

4) If you already have 3.23.4 and 50.4, I have no idea why you are also downloading the older versions from the Torrent Links.

PM sent.
grand merci Shawn, understood almost everything.

4) because I've found your other posts, like those below and got an impression, that with 3.18.4 I might go for free(excluding the ENET cable):

Quote:
You don't need to buy it...E-Sys 3.18.4 with EST token is all over the place...you wouldn't have to look hard to find it.

Of course you can buy 3.20 or 3.22 if you insist, but it won't do any more than what 3.18.4 does.
Quote:
E-Sys 3.18.4, aka "free" version, will only work as follows:

F30 with PSdZData up to 48.2
All other Fxx chassis with PSdZData up to 48.3

Beyond that, an updated Patch / Token must be obtained, at which point you might just as well move to E-Sys 3.22.5 or newer.
Quote:
E-Sys can be easily found. 3.18.4 with Token is all over the place (good through 48.2 PSdZData), and 3.22.5 (good through current 49.4 PSdZData) without Token is as well, but the Token can be obtained for as little as 50€ / $65.
so if a f10 vehicle has been programmed with the data files up to 48.2, one can use 3.18.4 to tweak it further without the need to obtain the actual token, correct?

I also read somewhere, that current version of e-sys doesn't need a token anymore, like 3.22 onwards, maybe misread that though.

thanks for your inputs!
Appreciate 0