View Single Post
      12-24-2022, 04:08 PM   #18
ZMM
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

[QUOTE=giannizkl;28119183]Is there any solution till today friends?[/QUOTE

Found this on another post

Problem fixed. Ended up being the horrible fitting VRSF CP. The portion of the lower steering linkage is square shaped. When I would make right hand turns the engine must have been slightly shifting and the of corner of the square shaped linkage would make contact with the CP.

I had to remove and re-adjust the CP and it seems to have maybe .5mm clearance now. It was pretty easy to diagnose once the CP was off because the corner ends of the linkage rubbed a quarter sized aluminum bare spot where it was making contact. Had I put the diagnosing on the back burner, I'm pretty sure it would have rubbed a hole into the CP in a couple weeks time. Oddly enough, I never heard a rubbing sound when listening for it.

Went for a 10-20 minute test drive with a bunch of slow right hand turns and it didn't do it a single time.

Not sure if I got a bad CP from VRSF or what but I've had nothing but problems with it since day one:

- Caused a boost leak from the beginning
- Tightened meth bung tightened clamps / checked upper and lower O-rings
- Checked TMAP O-Ring
- Did a boost leak test and found leaks at the TMAP and meth bung
- Meth bung stripped when I tried to remove it to add some Teflon. So that's worthless now.
- No matter how snug or tight I make the TMAP bolts, air still escapes during a boost leak test at about 8-10 psi.
- Fitment is god awful and the upper C clip is clocked in the wrong position. Should be facing up at 12 o clock and mine faces at like the 3 o clock position.

I've been in contact with Tiago for about a week now so I hope he is willing to rectify or at least attempt to replace the upper CP pipe with one that isn't all wanky.

-Nick
Appreciate 0