View Single Post
      02-03-2013, 06:30 AM   #20
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

When I took delivery of my car, (in fact my ex-wife and I bought two identical BMWs), it was brought to me by transporter as I could not get to the dealer during Christmas time and I also had some health issues. The delivery driver was a very nice chap and did his best to explain the tech but I knew a bit more than him. You must admit there is a hell-of-alot of tech to get your head around especially when you change makes. Anyway, the next day (Sunday) I noticed the baggy seats especially the driver's, one key fob did not work and the rear bumper's colour mismatch was observed (this is standard on most cars in EBII it seems!).

The Supplying Dealer was/is wonderful and afforded me much help. However, I took the car to a local BMW Dealership who sorted the key issue in 10 minutes after I insisted that this was my God given right for them to help but they refused to support me regarding the baggy leather seats. They and BMW UK used every bit of wriggle room and felt the seats were 'adequate' and met BMW's quality standard. The Service Manager at the Local Dealership is a Kiwi who refused to accept or see there was a problem. I wrote to BMW CEO Norbert Reithofer and BMW UK MD Tim Abbott. Anyway, my request for help fell on deaf ears, and after much farting around with them I went ahead and fixed the baggy seats for £204 at my expense, as by this time I was totally fedup with BMW which is how they wished this to end. Throughout all this the Supplying Dealership did its best to help and was put in a very diffuclt position due to BMW's intransigence. The Sales Manager and MD of that company are really good people. The Sales Manager contacted me a few days ago to get the description of the Handbrake Handle with the Coral Red Accent I would like for both our cars. This would be a great match for my Coral Red seats.

So my brotherly advice to all you prospective BMW owners is: Don't take delivery or pay a penny until the car is perfect and you are happy with it. Check it out carefully because once you pay and take it away, you'll be shafted by BMW if you want things fixed without much ado. Geman Car Brands are extraordinarily arrogant and refuse to accept they make mistakes in the manufacturing process of their cars. What goes around comes around and I really hope the Koreans and Japenese will give them a good hiding one day, though I can't see this happening in my lifetime.

It is a brilliant car, though.