02-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #47
NewM3driver
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joewalton View Post
If you want a Ford, buy a Ford.
I have owned more new BMW's than I can count on TWO hands, including a 328 sport, a 328 vert, a 330 coupe, 528 sport, a 540 sport stick, a 530 sport stick (by far the best car I owned) a 545 sport stick, a 550 sport stick, an '08 M3 stick, two X5's.. the first one and a '12 M-sport, and a '13 335 m-sport vert
ALL of these cars were purchased NEW, and ALL of them have been heavily optioned with all of the attributes that I felt made each car special. My current X5 has the best stereo, all the handling packages, comfort seats, Nappa leather, nappa leather dash..... everything.

BMW not only has lost its way, but it has begun to build cars for Mercedes and Lexis customers to gain sales... and it is working. BMW's lease very well because they residualize very well... making them affordable. So they have found they can sell basic cars to the masses, and charge those that want and can afford a nicely optioned car an additional 20K for things that should be standard. Regular black paint an "individual" color? Really? they are insulting your intelligence. Further, count the 5 series I've owned. The current car is such a departure I would not ever consider it.

The new M3 options out as a very expensive 3 series. I won't go buy a Ford (although the new Mustang looks really nice), but I will definitely consider a Porsche.
Appreciate 0