View Single Post
      10-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #21
boltjames
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentmeister7592 View Post

I got a few people telling me that the ride is bouncy, and rough, etc... Well that is anything but the truth! The car ride just as smooth as factory, and in my opinion BETTER! I would say it is about 15% firmer than stock in normal driving conditions. However in the turns it is a different creature. No more sway, and rid of most of the body roll. The car really handles much much better and hugs the road. I couldn't be happier with the way it sits and the way it drives! Speed bumps and misc. bumps in the road are not harsh, and no bounciness at all. If you got in the car and didn't know about the springs, it would be very difficult to tell anything was done at all! If I can give one piece of advice to everyone on here...
First off, congrats on your car. Quick question if you don't mind:

I came off of an E90 M-Sport which had a suspension that was just too firm, to0 harsh, every pothole I hit created a jarring explosion, was awful. My family hated it, never wanted to drive in it. So I purchased an F30 Luxury line which I am very happy with.

Needless to say an F30 Luxury suspension is soft in the turns with a lack of road hugging and body roll. Not at all like my E90 M-Sport. I was under the impression that getting an F30 M-Sport with either the Sport suspension or the M-Sport suspension would solve that, but in reading your post above you're saying that even both of those suspensions aren't tight and have body roll?

I want to tighten up my F30 Luxury, am waiting for Koni FSD's to come out on the advice of a friend. But I'm thinking that if your M-Sport had body roll and was sloppy in the corners, will those Koni's even help me?

BJ
Appreciate 0