08-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #11
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonic View Post
Nah, gave the M-sport brakes a miss in the end as just couldn't justify the extra cost.
I know what you mean. It's great fun going through the spec list but not so much fun when you know the budget is gone. I managed to talk my salesman into increasing my GFV and lowering the APR so I could add on a few more things.

Quote:
Yeah hopefully yours will follow suit soon. I've still not seen a M-Sport in the flesh yet, so hopefully I'll still have some "rarity" value when I do finally get it.

I sent a panicked email to my dealer yesterday after reading the hoo-ha about there supposedly being a 6 week delay on cars ordered with the 19" wheels.

However, he assured me it's now showing as being in production and seems confident that it will be arriving before August end.
I had the email from my dealer this morning with the screenshot showing my car as 5200 Paintshop Start so it's rolling along the assembly line as we speak

Quote:
Also, (getting ahead of myself here) assuming my car is ready before the end of August for collection, is there any sense in me waiting for the new registration in September if I'm going to put a private plate on the car anyway? Reckon it'd hurt my future resale value by not being patient and waiting the extra week?
I'm waiting the extra week for that reason. I don't think it will make much difference in values when it comes to an Aug 12 v Sep 62 plates but it's that small detail that may make a future buyer move on to the next car. Can you find car prices online for 3 year old cars and compare an Aug 09 v Sep 59 car?

The good news is that Sep 1st is a Saturday so that gives the whole weekend to enjoy the new car

Last edited by rjberry; 08-11-2012 at 05:22 AM..
Appreciate 0