AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han So1o View Post
Hey Guys,

after breaking in my car, i went to push it a little. I noticed a buzzing/slight rattle noise from the engine area on the deceleration after hitting about 5k RPMs.

For those with the 335i, please review and advise if this is normal. I was told from my service advisor that it is. please reply as I pick up my car shortly. thanks.
As howiegu mentions in his post, it sounds alot like the dash "buzz" that I experience at certain RPMs -- it appears to come from somewhere in the dash behind/underneath the nav for me. I only experience it on random occasions -- it almost seems to come and go based on different outside temperatures. I haven't tried to resolve it because it doesn't happen constantly, which makes it very hard to locate and fix...I can go a week or two without hearing it. Not to mention the prospect of taking apart the dash seems likely to create more buzzes and rattles in the process of finding and fixing this one.

In general, I am pretty disappointed with the number of creaks, buzzes and rattles in this car compared to every other car I've owned.
Appreciate 0