dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
[/LIST]The answer to your question...finally:
So I went over to Lum Tec's site to see if any single model, as depicted on this page -- http://www.lum-tec.com/collection/current-models.html -- lept out at me on the basis of looks alone. (If the look of a watch doesn't appeal to me, it really doesn't matter what movement is inside; I won't buy it.) Lum Tec have a lot of very similar looking watches and I didn't take the time to figure out what the differences are among them all.

The ones that caught my eye were those that have Panerai-esque styling and black dials with orange numerals. I especially liked the bronze colored case ones that aren't too far down from the first row, but I didn't see a bronze case watch with the Panerai styling and having orange numerals.

I'd probably pick one of the bronze case models, more for the bronze case than anything else. The reason I'd pic a Lum Tec in the first place, however, would be for the lume and with that as my primary driver, styling being my second decision making driver, I could see myself ending up with a quartz Lum Tec, particularly if another company's bronze watch that looks better to me than does any Lum Tec.

All the best.
Totally agree, what first caught my eye was the fact that these do resemble PAM's. I figured instead of spending $1X,XXX on a PVD PAM, why not spend less than 1% of it on one of these.

Tony, as always, appreciate your insight.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0