View Single Post
      04-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #23
Redmax
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
OK, but how about a review in the meantime?
Not sure that I can add too much to what's already been said about the F30 but here's a few thoughts

Specification:

* 320D Sport
* Metallic Mineral White - Just love this colour
* Automatic Transmission - I do a lot of urban driving
* Lumbar & Bolster Support - To help my back stay comfy
* Steering Wheel Heating - It was cold the week I ordered
* Dakota Leather - I couldn't resist Coral Red
* Reversing Camera - A freebie from the lease company
* Interior Comfort Pack - Wanted the folding rear seat

I could have added loads more options but at £33,500 ($54,000 USD) I was already over my company car limit.

Had the car now for five days and 160 miles. This is my first BMW and simply the best car I have ever had. The colour combination gives it a great presence on the road and the Coral interior makes the cabin feel light and airy.

I think the styling is a great improvement over the previous model. The best view is of the front. I even like the bonnet (hood) shut line as it differentiates the car radically from other vehicles.

I was worried that the standard 17" rims would look a bit crap but I was pleased to find that they look much better in the flesh than in pictures that I had seen. Don't worry, the public will not be laughing if you selected these.

The interior is a great place to be. Most surfaces are soft and the whole cabin has a quality feel to it. My only criticism are the black plastic front seat backs which look and feel like they have been designed by the Early Learning Centre.

Things get even better when night falls and thanks to the ambient lighting the cabin takes on the appearance of a Spearmint Rhinos. Damn, I wish I'd had this in my car when I was 18 lol.

The i-drive is so simple any idiot can use it, but you need to be careful not to be too distracted by it whilst driving.

The ride is fantastic, so good that all 18 miles to work are a real pleasure. Power delivery is great and in Sport mode even this 2 litre diesel really wants to take off. Speaking of the diesel engine, when stationary it sounds like an old tractor, but hopefully it will quieten down once it loosens up a bit.

As for economy during the first 160 miles I have averaged 35mpg which is way short of the claimed figure. Is anybody doing any better with this engine?

Overall a great car, I am very pleased with it.

Pictures to follow
Appreciate 0