View Single Post
      04-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #39
Joopster
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i Sport

Bought a Sport Line - without a sport suspension

Great story!

I bought a mineral grey Sport Line and love it. One of the best moves I made in my decision to buy this car was to NOT get the sport suspension. Here is Canada, you get a the standard base suspension (not the passive sport suspension) with the Sport Line. You need to add the sport suspension as an option if you want it.

With the base suspension the ride feels just right over our cracked, pothole-ridden Montreal roads. We surely have some of the worst roads in the world.

My next BMW I'll probably get the adaptive suspension. This option wasn't available when I bought my 335.

I'm one of those people who falls in the camp of comfort more than performance...even though I already get plenty of performance from my 335i. Other than not getting the sport suspension, it's a 335i in every other way...sports seats, transmission, etc. But when it comes to ride comfort -- and this variable is very important to me -- even with the stock/base (non-sport) suspension I can still feel the potholes more than on other cars that have a softer suspension. MUCH more so than with a Lexus ES 350, which glides softly over potholes. You just don't feel them in that car.

Getting the sport suspension would have been a mistake in my case, making my F30 harsher than it needs to be (even if only a tad harsher...I don't care to experience this on a daily basis). Unlike many people on these forums who will tell you that a sport suspension is an absolute must have (or else your car sucks...lmao), I'm glad I made the decision to stick with the base suspension.

My 335 is powerful, fun to drive and plenty sporty. And it still gives me the comfortable ride I want...without saying "ouch" too often.

Best of both worlds.
Appreciate 0