View Single Post
      05-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #8
dkirsch78
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Competition Package

I recently used Perillo Collision for some bumper paint work (had to - I purchased a protection plan from Perillo BMW when I bought the car), and I want to share my experience with you all. The short version is I found out the hard way - do not ever use this shop.

My mistake might have been asking for a detail since I was dropping the car off anyway, and was going to be out of town for several days. I dropped it off directly at their Green St location on a Monday. A week later when I went to pick up my car, I noticed 8-9 chips in the paint on the left side of the trunk lid and left quarter panel. Perillo immediately claimed the damage was there when I dropped off the car. I can say with certainty it was not. After some discussion, they informed me that they had HD cameras set up in the service area, and they would likely have pictures of my car when I drove it in. I thought that was going to work in my favor since I was sure there was no damage to that area prior to bringing it in.

A couple days later, I call the rep I was dealing with and he tells me the pictures showed that the damage was there before. So I ask him to send me the pictures, and 10 minutes later he calls back and says he was mistaken - the pictures were actually inconclusive, and they were going to go ahead and repair the damage. I never did so those pictures - inconclusive my ass. Three days later, I picked up the car, and although they did repair the trunk and quarter panel damage, they somehow managed to scrape the leather on the left side of my M steering wheel, left all sorts of dust and dirt in the car, and left two surface scratches (one on each side of the car) that I can only hope will buff out.

I have no idea what the hell they do over there, but hopefully this story, along with all the other "stay away" comments on this thread will help someone out in the future. Trust me - the hard way is not the best way.
Appreciate 0