Drives: Something something racecar

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka
Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX View Post
Yeah that's the problem. I totally agree.

What are some staple low budget options that cover most (if not all) of my nutritional needs? I'm thinking rice and beans. Probably bulk meat of some sort (chicken).

I don't like spending too much time preparing food. I've got a crockpot that I can probably make good use of. Just throw in some standard stock, mirepoix (carrots, celery, onions), meat and potatoes.
Buy a bunch of frozen boneless chicken breasts. You can use one at a time or on Sunday you can grill 5 of them and eat them throughout the week. Switch it up by getting a rotisserie chicken and mixing it with yellow rice and black beans. For one that will last 4 days. Then with each meal you can add different veggies. In the steamer this will not be labor intensive. Lots of grocery stores are selling meatballs already made up. Buy them, bake them, put them in spaghetti with marinara sauce.

Get a rice steamer and you can steam like a pound of rice at a time and some veggies. Steam or cook your veggies for every meal, old veggies are no good. Switch up the rice with some potatoes. Cut up a potato in to 3/4" cubes, spread them on a cookie sheet, spray with olive oil and sprinkle garlic salt on them. Bake in oven for 20 min at 400 degrees.

Get some good cereal and some 1% milk. By good cereal i mean something that has some fiber. Frosted mini wheats have good fiber and taste good. Plus they are very mixable. With like: fruity pebbles, rice crispies, etc.... still get the fiber and can switch it up.

Snack on fruit. Fruit is not cheap but is great for your body.
Snack on yogurt. Add some granola to make it more of a hearty snack.

Get some sliced deli meat and cheese for lunches. Mix in a PB&J or PB & Honey for variety. Get take out once or twice a week for dinner. Chipoltle, Moes, Jimmy Johns, Pei Wei, etc... Cheap and good food that's pretty decent for you depending on your choices.

With this you aren't eating for $50 a month but not much more than $200 / month. And eating well at that.
This
Appreciate 0