04-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
cpippolo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceBarin View Post
Sorry all, but I feel like I have read a different review.

The steering hardly takes a battering here - he merely makes the point that he thinks he would prefer non-electric.

Similarly, his point about the there been 'no point in having manual transmission' seems to be evidently sarcastic. As the reviewer says, he asks the question 'only out of journalistic obligation' before going on to explain that his only quibble with the MT was a slightly sticky 2nd gate.

I would urge people to read the review for themselves before judging - I thought it was quite balanced. There are plenty of journos giving this car 10/10 right now so this review seems relatively low-key, but objectively it reads like a "7/10" to me - it's not a bad review.

I suspect a few 335i owners might like this review less because it makes an unashamed case for the 328i, but I suspect the rest won't care (and quite rightly too) - they each offer something different so you 'pays your money and you takes you choice'.

Anyone else read this review and find it OK?
Yep. I had a similar reaction to you. Seemed like a fairly balanced review, and do think he prefers manual transmissions. Frankly, a lot of what he has said has been echoed by others, whether professional reviewers or others on this forum. I would also say he gave a 7/10...maybe even an 8. The review doesn't really effect my view on whether or not to get this car, although it is causing me to lean a little more towards the 328 (already was, but barely) if I don't do a 180 for a hydraulic steering equipped X1.
Appreciate 0