View Single Post
      01-13-2011, 04:38 PM   #64
r3dbimmer89
Major
Rep
Drives: P-Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoulmandmd View Post
It's very American to care a LOT where stuff I made without looking too much into it. SAfrica made 3ers are rumored to have fewer problems that no one can explain v the German made ones.

Armani has been making clothes in china for a long time with the attitude that so long as they control quality all has been well. Most Vuitton these days is china factory made without the quality control. Many Euro brands will ship to europe and put on a stitch or label to say made in Italy or France just before they ship to the USA. The domestic stuff they sell does not.

Theres no Lexus or Acura in most markets. But tell some fat cat in the US to buy a $100k Toyota. No problem with that in japan.

If I were BMW I would offer a Made in Germany option for the US market and charge a few k more. I'm sure it would sell GREAT! Even on this forum with all the super in touch peeps....

I'd buy USA just because the Euro exchange rate stinks!!
Sorry man but umm Toyota released the Lexus brand into the world market including Japan a while ago and I have visited a Louis Vuitton factory in Asnieres, France and everything was definitely made there in France.

BTW BMW wouldn't make all F30s in the US but only some depending on allocation and demand, probably how they handle allocation between South Africa and the Germany for the E90.
Appreciate 0