matt_435xi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Perfomance Model 3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
I was just wondering if anyone is ordering this color?

I'm undecided in what color to order. I like light colors and I like metallic colors so really my only options are limited to the glacier silver or mineral white colors. Thanks a lot BMW for the whopping overwhelming choices :-( It seems like BMW selected mostly dark colors for this lineup. Ideally, I'd like something like a champaigne color which is largely silver with a very slight dash of beige in it.

I wonder how this glacier silver looks in person. I see the least of it in all of BMW's promo events and photos. Maybe the silver craze of the earlier part of this decade has unofficially died? Don't know. Remember that? When almost every car on the street was silver? But I still like silver. I can't imagine a 1950's Porsche or Mercedes Gullwing not being silver. Silver has always been a classic color in my mind, just sometimes I think it peaks and unpeaks in popularity.
completely agree with your thoughts, but maybe its a good thing for us Silver loyalists. now there will be less silver cars since BMW and other brands are not pushing silver paint. the F30 [launch] paint selections blow, i wanted space gray and i don't think i can do mineral gray it is so dark. i am pretty sure i am going with Glacier Silver, as you said its classic, it shows the F30s beautiful lines and shadows, and it is easy to keep clean [in the desert]. all the dealers in AZ are receiving a Mineral Gray F30 with their demo allocation, i will look really hard at it. if i am blown away i will order Mineral Gray (i have had 3 silver cars before my current black Z4), but if not i am going with Glacier Silver. and i will fill this thread with pics when she arrives!

*RETIRED* 2015 435xi GC [f36] | 2012 335i [f30] | 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0