View Single Post
      12-07-2016, 01:07 PM   #31
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt338 View Post
I work in the consumer audio industry for a company that sells primarily high end 2 channel systems. Sound quality is very important to me. Because of where we sit relative to the speakers in the car (very close to them, not out in front of us and not equidistant) it will never sound as good in the car as it does at home. This took me a long time to wrap my head around and get over. That said, I bought my F30 with the HiFi system (essentially the base or standard system in the US) and was grossly disappointed. I upgraded my speakers to the Bavsound and my amp to the Bimmertech. Both are designed to be plug and play, so even if you're not comfortable doing it yourself, there's no major modification required so the install cost won't be great. There was a hugely noticeable difference over stock. If you get the amp, you download software and connect your computer via USB to the amp. There is a huge range of settings you can tweak to your liking. You can also check out this page http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1182351 for premade tunes that you can download based on your equipment. I'm still wrapping my head around the finer points of how the software works but what an improvement over the stock HiFi (what you have). Hope this helps!
Tempting mate....might pull the trigger here
Appreciate 0