View Single Post
      03-25-2012, 04:40 AM   #4
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Well said svanche.. I detail both the F10 and my Accord Euro very reguarly.. going to be doing the same to the F30 when it arrives.. If you are serious about detailing.. there are are heaps of websites you can use as a reference.. But if you're happy to pay for the service please make sure that you go to an experience detailer which can offer you proper advise.

Your first coat of wax is the most important.. you probably want to do the whole nine yards skipping polishing.. but would include claying getting , fixing any defects or any.. then waxing..

Do not apply your wax on top of contaminated surfaces... you'll just ruin it. Couple of common products I enjoy are the Meguiar's range i find them more user friendly and works wonders.. also you can use it them by hand. Some prefer Zaino... but I think personally using both Zaino is abit more expensive and requires SOoOO much more effort. Wax and sealant lasts abit longer than Meguiars.. but like many detailers will say.. IT SHOULDN"T FEEL LIKE A CHORE !

Rain X is definite must... I usually do a full detail interior and exterior (clay, polish, wax, gloss) every 2.5-3 months depending on weather conditions. Wash-Quick Detail and Quik Wax every week.
Appreciate 0