View Single Post
      03-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #22
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmeroy View Post
I installed the apk on my GS4 and logged in using BMW Assist email (used all CAPITALS to enter email in login), but I never got any feature to work at all. I get "Error during data transfer" message whenever I try to use something. Also, why does it ask for password twice during setup. First it asks for password when I enter the email, then it goes to a screen "Security Questions" and asks for "May I have the password on the account". I enter my Assist PIN for both these questions, but I doubt I might be doing something wrong. Can anyone guide how they setup their app or suggest a solution?
Are you in the U.S.? (Doesn't show on mobile site.)

If so, don't bother with the My Remote app. I read on bimmerfest that BMW made a change to their servers that prevents it from working for any new user of the Android app in the U.S., and that certainly matches my experience. So they've gone from not supporting us to actively blocking us.

Fortunately, Send To Car does seem to be working well lately.

As for the other functions of the My Remote app, maybe they figure that Android users are a lot less likely to need the car locating and unlocking features than iPhone users?

Appreciate 0