View Single Post
      02-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #207
ssedha
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Uber / Lyft / CTA

So question for you folks. How do you decide which dealer to give your business to? I have two that I've been working. Both extremely helpful.

Dealer A is $300 more than Dealer B. Dealer A is saying I need to put a deposit on the car RIGHT Now to ensure I would get my July delivery (even though he won't submit app to BMW till end of next month). Dealer A is also locking in the $750 Loyalty Bonus, claiming it's good till end of June. Will also include any incentives at the time of paper signing if I'm eligible. Also when I asked about the same price as Dealer B, he said, Good Luck to me, he can't do it, but also said he has done plenty of ED's and hopes he doesn't find first timer that will do the ED, so I would hit a snag and it won't be seamless. Also the tone of that email seemed a bit annoyed. Believe me I ask A LOT of questions. Dealer A is also 2.5 hrs away from me, but my parents live there.

Dealer B is saying this is no rush and we could do it in April. He said he's already checked with BMW (he said he has cross-referenced the actual production weeks, to better accommodate my needs). Then i got an email a couple hours later, saying he has checked and my requested date shouldn't be a problem. Dealer B is NOT including Loyalty Bonus. Says if it's available at the time we sign papers, I will get it along with any other incentives I could be eligible for. Dealer B is local, about 2-3 miles from my house. Dealer B says he's done plenty of ED's and there is NOTHING to worry about.

Dealer A is including the Doc Fees + Acq. Fee + License Fees + Tax in the monthly payment, thus asking only First Payment + Tags + Tax on the rebate.

Dealer B is ONLY including Acq. Fee + Tax in the payment, collecting the Doc Fees + License Fees + Temp Tags + First Payment.

So if i compare them head-on with everything the same, my monthly payment really only differs ~$8 a month (obviously this comes down to the $300 difference in selling price). Over the course of 3 yrs AND given the car's price, this number is totally negligible.

How do you guys choose your dealer?
Appreciate 0