View Single Post
      12-12-2012, 09:21 AM   #4
cardsdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnekic View Post
So my car has about 700 miles on it. This morning I was using the heated steering wheel but after about 10 minutes I felt no more heat. I checked the button and the light was off, tried turning it on...nothing. So I turned the car off then back on and tried again, still nothing.

So is this the German reliability I have to look forward too?!
Mine has been fine. However many, including myself had a very similar problem on the E90 LCI when heated steering wheel became available. There was eventually a service bulletin on it and it they replaced some module and fixed it. This is what we were told before the fix was available:

"Finally got the answer from our Techs. There is a Service Bulletin that says they know it's a problem but don't have the software yet to reprogram it. They said for now wait about 10 seconds to turn on the heated steering wheel after you have started the car. They said if you have on the radio, the heated seats, the climate control, etc it is too much of a load and the least needed thing is the wheel so it turns off. "