03-02-2016, 12:16 AM   #9
apocalypsbe
First Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffe View Post
Then it was my turn to have my steering wheel removed during the night, even though my car is parked close to my house (5 meters) and I have alarm. We have an epidemic plague of steering wheel/nav system thefts here in Sweden. 4-6 BMW cars in in the same area are often hit during 1 night
Shipped to the Baltic countries and then sold on ebay or put into cars where air-bag need to be replaced. Seams like BMW don't take this serious when designing the cars.
What are your experience from this and what counter measure have you done to avoid repeated thefts (they will come back )
I've seen similar incidents in Belgian news ... it worries me to be honest and I wish BMW would do something about the fact that it's so super easy apparently to just loosen and steal the steering wheel column. I've been looking online for a anti-theft device but not much so far that really got my attention. Maybe I'll go for a fortress steering lock (better than nothing), at least it would give them some more work if they would steal it as they would have to get the lock off without damaging the steering wheel

Would love to read some kind of solution on the forum. I was thinking about it, shouldn't there be an easier way? A unique bolt (no idea if this stuff exists) or something?
Appreciate 0