View Single Post
      02-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #48
AlphaTheory
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i XDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
Actually any exterior M badging on a non M car is frowned upon. This includes idiots who put it on the front grille, on the side, trunk, etc. M performance parts are different, since they are M inspired/a tribute to M power. However, if you put the M badge only found on M vehicles where your vehicle identification usually is (IE front grille, sides, and rear trunk), then it seems like you're claiming you are an M vehicle. It's like the difference between dressing like your favorite actor/actress, vs actually having your name on your ID be their name.
I'll have to respectfully disagree on this one. First and foremost, putting "anything" on your car that's not stock is subject to interpretation relative to taste. If we all had the same taste, life would be boring. So i say to the "M-Badge-dude"...leave that shit on...just cause everyone else doesn't like it. LOL. More importantly, YOU like it. Screw what everyone else thinks.

Secondly, M Performance parts are no different than that little badge that he put on the rear of the car. At the end of the day, WE are all getting a 3 series...with an M Sport Package (to look like an M3). Isn't that the point?

Thirdly, I hate it when people say "Oh, BMW enthusiasts OR connoisseurs will frown on that". Excuse the french, but FUCK those guys. Rules my ass. If everyone didn't have the balls to break the rules, we wouldn't have the opportunity to admire some of the hottest modded F30's out there.

Listen- taste is relative. And that's ok. Admittedly, i hate black rims on any exterior color car. But just because i feel that way, doesn't mean i'm gonna go hatin' on someone's ride. We can just agree to disagree. =)
Appreciate 0