shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz P View Post
This is my first post and I'm overwhelmed by the information available here. thanks very much - especially to Sean for starting the thread.

I was pointed in this direction by member ilhan1103 as I noticed in one of his posts that he'd been able to turn off his DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) which is now not an option in European delivered F30s despite that fact that the UK, for example, does not have a legal requirement to use DRLs. The fitting of DRLs is necessary for type approval but the use of them is not.

Despite my pleas to BMW UK (and pointing out to them that they were actually misinterpreting the legal position in the UK - confirmed in writing by the Department for Transport) they flatly refuse to reinstate the DRL "On" and "Off" options to my car finally advising me in their last correspondence, which had lasted over a couple of months, "I have reviewed your further correspondence and I can advise that all BMW F30 3 Series models built for the EU can not have the DRLs deactivated." which now seems to be untrue.

I'm not sure if I have the balls to start faffing about with the software myself (but, if that's the last option I may have to do so) so could somebody advise me in the meantime what coding is required by BMWs technicians to reinstate the DRL option? I'm afraid I couldn't identify it in Sean's F30 Cheat Sheet pdf (F30_Cheat_Sheet_20120616.pdf).

Thanks very much in anticipation of your help.

Baz
Welcome!

First, this is svache's thread, not mine. He just lets me hang out here.

Second, BMW Technicians are not going to code your DRL's for you, Period. If you want DRL's, you will need to code it yourself, or have someone code it for you, and the latter won't be at the dealership.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0